That doggy is a cutie 🙂 That picture just makes me smile. Anyway…
My darling husband is officially on vacation for two weeks. When I was working for my old company we would plan some sort of getaway (a weekend trip, cruise, going to the mountains of Tennessee, etc.). Well….
Since I have been out of work for a year that is not happening so we are going to enjoy each other’s company from the comfort of home, but still do some fun things with the kidlets.
I decided that this post would give you a little peek into the life and time of Mandy! Sounds like fun right?
There are two reasons why darling hubby always takes this time of year off.
1. We were married August 8, 1998 (yes 15 years of wedded bliss and I am still in love with the man)
2. It is close to the first day of school and we make sure the kidlets are ready to start their year off right!
This year we are going to take time to visit our bank, talk to a tax preparer, look at and work on my business accounts, spend quality time with the kidlets, and darling husband intend on playing video games (which he has not properly done in years and I am happy he is taking the time for him).
The vacation time is so important to use because my husband works nights, and a rotating schedule so he is always tired (rightfully so). When he has the time to stay at home unwind and spend time with the kids I feel spoiled. I love having him home at night, it’s nice to be able to go to bed and have him next to me EVERY NIGHT! I love and long for what most women take for granted or find annoying. Our relationship is tight because we don’t get want most people call a mundane married life. I do have friends that can appreciate my situation one is Sara whose husband was in the military and she had to constantly adjust to her husband not being home for long periods of time.
The things we will do this vacation:
1. Take the kidlets swimming at our local state park that is also a headsprings. It’s great exercise, the kidlets enjoy it and it is only 2 dollars per person to get in (the baby is free).
2. Cross some of the “to do” projects off our list: home repairs &business affairs (oooh that rhymes).
3. Read books, the husband and I both enjoy reading. We will actually make the time to accomplish.
4. Hopefully get the chance to visit a beach (and pray we do not run into sharks). I always liked the beach as a child and I want my children to enjoy its beauty as well. I want to find a beach that has tide pools and all kinds of discoveries (Yes I like to throw education in when I can).
5. Fit in a day of Palmer Family Fun (board games, video games, movie watching)
6. Prepare for the first day of school, which means attending orientation at the school. This us gives a chance to meet teachers, show the kidlets what classroom they will be reporting to and get the always fun school supply list.
7. Of course do the daily chores together (grocery shopping, tidying the house, etc.).
8 We might even go to our local playground for a bit of fun.
Whew what a long list! This time also gives me a chance to do my freelance work and darling husband can assist with the baby so it will be easier to complete my daily work tasks.
I am sure there will be a few surprises in the list above, there are times we research what events are going on in the community. You will be surprised what educational and fun events happen that are free and enjoyable for families.
I can and will cook some delicious recipes while we are all home together, will have the time so we can enjoy meals rather than the wham! bam! thank you for dinner ma’am meals we have been having.
One meal we love to make as a family is PIZZA!
We make everything from scratch and have fun rolling out the dough and creating different types of pies, the kids love it and it is delicious and healthy.
I make a whole wheat pizza dough and then add our toppings. Yes, I also make the pizza sauce homemade, actually as noted before in my organization and menu planning post. I make a double batch of sauce and freeze half of it. You can also do the same with the pizza dough if you like, it freezes well. Usually on the day we make pizza we are also having our Palmer Family Fun Day (nothing better than pizza and a movie, at home). This makes for wonderful family memories and traditions. I hope you give it a try.
I hope you enjoyed the chance to get to know me and the family better.
I am going to try to add more family posts as well, I know hearing about freelancing constantly can get stale and I have so much more that is going on in my life!
In my next post I am hoping to have pictures for everyone to see!
I appreciate my wonderful readers and hope you can give me some really good comments, questions and suggestions. Just fill out the contact form below.
Please stay tuned and stay in touch!