All I have to say to the above picture is YESSS! I have days where I feel like that, everyone does…that’s what makes us human!
It is one way to feel stressed and fix it and another to let the feeling stay with you until BAM! you blow up!
Usually when you get to the point of blowing up its at someone/something that does not deserve the abuse. The best thing to do is find a way to relieve the stress before the “balloon pops”.
How do you do it? Well it’s not always easy, but it can be done.
I have found that laughter is my best medicine. No matter how mad, stressed, or depressed I get the way to snap me out of the funk is to make me laugh.
I wanted to add an example of stress relief and I thought the video below would help:
There are many other ways to relieve stress and I have listed a few for you:
- Meditation – Meditation brings short-term stress relief as well as lasting stress management benefits. If you need help with learning this technique there are many CDs and books available on this subject.
- Pranayama Yoga – incorporates breathing exercises, meditation, and light exercise. One session brings initial stress relief, and continued practice brings greater resilience to stress. It’s one of the more potent stress relievers.
- Aroma Therapy – Aroma therapy has proven benefits for stress relief–it can help you to become energized, more relaxed, or more present. I have found that using scents that bring happy childhood memories helps me relax faster and brings a smile to my face.
- Eating Properly – A poor diet can bring greater reactivity toward stress. A healthy diet can bring greater physical and emotional wellness. Find some simple go-to meals and snacks, and feel less stressed in your daily life. You will also learn that heavy caffeine and alcohol intake enables the stress in your life.
- Don’t Procrastinate – Putting off a stressful or labor-intensive project can only increase the stress you experience. Making a schedule will help you stay organized and get things done in a timely basis just as I outlined in “Organizing, Scheduling and Menu Planning…No one ever said it was easy.”
As a work from home Mom I have found that yes life is not as stressful when I was working away from home, but there are still a lot of stresses involved in working from home. People who go to an office think that working from home is a piece of cake and that stay at home Moms shouldn’t complain because they don’t really work. I use to be envious of the stay at home Mom because they got to do everything in their pajamas and at the leisure of their own time. This is a HUGE oversight, scheduling is an important factor when working from home. I have to schedule time to clean, work, cook, take care of the kids, etc. Because I don’t use a daycare a lot of my work is around the baby’s schedule, so really my “work” time is when she is napping, and bedtime. I do get things done when she is awake and playing independently but I have to factor in time when she is in need of Mommy.
That is one thing office Moms don’t understand. When office Moms are working the kids are at school or in daycare and stay at home Moms don’t use daycare. Actually as I am learning from a lot of my blogging friends that there are a lot of stay at home Moms who take their dedication a step higher, and they home school their kids. I really admire those Moms because when my kids are at school it is easier to clean, work, and take care of the baby. I would love to see how a home school Mom schedules out their day and gets cleaning the house done when all the kids are at home.
I guess the theme to this post is “the grass is always greener on the other side”. Don’t get me wrong I love the work from home thing, it has made my life richer and I am the happiest I have ever been.
I just think people really need to be informed before they make judgments on what someone else’s workload and stress factors are.
I did want to leave my reader on a good note a little bit of laughter so here it is:
I love that parody, it’s first of all one of my favorite songs and secondly that is how Moms really feel.
I hope you enjoyed my post, and got some good information. The stress relievers are good for anyone not just stay at home Moms.
Stress is not a funny subject by any means, it is scary and dangerous. People do really horrible things when they are stressed and don’t know how to control their actions. So if you are stressed and can’t let go I urge you to get proper help before the balloon pops.
I welcome comments, questions and suggestions. Please fill out the comment form provided below.
If you like what you have read please feel free to follow my blog and you can also follow me on Facebook as well. Most importantly don’t forget to like and share my blog as well.
Please stay tuned for my next adventure!