Home is really where my story begins, actually the concept of being home. But before we get into the details of learning about me, let’s talk about why you are learning about me.
I have a blogger friend Adelien who received a nomination for the Sunshine Award, and she has to nominate 11 other people. Luckily I was one of those other people.
So hold on to your hats because I have questions to answer and you get to learn more about who I am with these questions:
11 Random Facts About Me:
- My favorite color is dark green
- I was born in New Haven, CT.
- My favorite season is fall (especially in New England)
- I disliked my husband when we first met
- My best friend and I have known each other for 21 years
- I read the Vampire Diaries as a teen before it was popular
- Chocolate is my friend and enemy (frenemy?)
- I cook a mean Italian Marinara sauce
- My hubby and I want to travel via motor home when we retire
- I have a deep love and admiration for Eddie Vedder
- I know how to drive a standard vehicle
11 Questions the nominees need to answer:
1. Give 3 reasons why you blog, please – I decided to blog when I started working from home. I thought that blogging about my experiences on becoming a work from home Mom would help others trying to do the same. I want people to see that if I can do it anyone can and not to give up on the things you want the most.
2. Do you have any schedule of blogging? Please share how it works – I do have a schedule which has become very loose in the last few weeks (I apologize for that and will get back on task). I normally try to blog every other day.
3. Have you been to Indonesia? Which part of Indonesia would you visit or have you visited? – No I have never been to Indonesia, but I would love to travel and see many places.
4. Do you play musical instrument? What is it? (if you play) or What might you be interested to play? (if you don’t) – I use to play the violin (terribly) but I really would love to own and play piano.
5. If you have children, what is your favorite time to spend with them? If you don’t, what might be the favorite time to spend with children? – I do have children and I love family time (time where my hubby is home as well). We go different places, and do different things. I also love vacationing with my kids, this is the time we kick back and learn more about each other without school or work interfering.
6. What are your 2 favorite Fiction books? – Wow so many to list, my reading appetite is so diverse. I ready Young Adult, Cozy Mysteries (love Joanna Fluke), Romance, Paranormal Romance, etc. but I would have to say my all time favorite books are a series which I mentioned in “11 random facts about me” and that is The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith and I am sorry they are NOTHING like the silly television series.
7. What are your 2 favourite Non-fiction books? – Real Food by Nina Planck, and Life After Death by Damien Echols.
8. Whom do you think is the best blogger mentor for you and what is his or her website? – That is easy my mentor is my besite Soli and her website is I Believe In Butter
9. How do you usually spend your weekend? – depends on the weekend, my husband has every other weekend and that is the time I spend with him and the kids (we go out on adventures), and the alternate weekends I spend with the kids and clean house and bum around just relaxing.
10. Which part of your country do you like best and would like to promote? – That would be the state I was born in Connecticut, there is nothing like New England.
11. What is your favorite food you cook? – Wow, I am a foodaholic and I love to cook. It does not matter what it is just as long as people enjoy my cooking. I love the look on people’s faces when they enjoy every bite.
As I mentioned before home is where my story began…because home is where I wanted to be, with my kids and husband. I am grateful for the opportunities that were afforded to me so I can be home with them. I thank God every day for finding work to keep our home running smoothly and I am thankful. After much soul-searching I can easily say I am thankful that I was booted out of mainstream work so I could be forced to do something about my life and situation.
Now I have it all, I am a work from home Mom who can invest the time on what is important and that is my family.
I hope you learned a few things about me today, if there is anything else you would like to know please comment below and I will either blog about it or answer you privately.
Please stay tuned for my next for which will be in two days time. I think I will be covering new software that I have been learning about and how it can help you stay on task.